Passive Safety Posts
Standard Signs stock several types of passively safe posts including Lattix, FSP and Varley & Gulliver and can supply any passively safe post to customers’ requirements.
Please contact us with your specific requirements and we will be happy to give you a quote.
- Cost effective - does not require crash cushion protection
- Lightweight - easy to handle and install Aluminium construction means no corrosion
- Maintenance free - mechanically formed (no bolts/fixings/welds)
- Simple to re-install following R/T/A
- Universal sign fixings
- Flat mounting face means sign is anti-rotational Ideal for Advance Directional Signs but also suitable in Cantilever or Gantry format
- Also used in Scandinavia for signals and road lighting
FSP Frangible Post
- UK designed and developed
- The only post of its size to achieve an NE classification at 70 and 100kph (EN12767 crash tests)
- Easy to design in using standard software
- Lightweight, therefore easier and safer to install (140mm = 4.2kg linear metre)
- Uses existing installation methods, equipment and accessories)
- Less susceptible to theft and scaling than other solutions
- Can be supplied in bespoke lengths or be cut to length on site
- Standard grey or bespoke colours can be supplied
Varley & Gulliver
The HiMAST series aluminium sign support masts are designed for use either individually or combined to provide passive support for road equipment which is primarily signage.
The masts are passive is accordance with BS.EN.12767:2007 after crash test validation.
The mast consists of a uniquely shaped symmetrical aluminium extrusion that ensures that the mast can function if impacted in any direction and is attached to the baseplates via M12 threaded fixings for H3000 masts, M10 threaded fixings for H2000 masts or M8 threaded fixings for H1000 and H500 masts which pass through the baseplate into threads in the end of the extrusion.
There are currently no products in this category